- We have 17 schools closed or re-purposed
- We have attempted to close other schools but met strong opposition
- The millage being renewed, 5 mills, was originally 7.5 mills that was reduced as property values increased.
- Remember the School Board is not allowed to advertise
- This election was announced in January, 2019, but we have not received any requests for speaking. As a note, Tony Nation, District 10 Representative, is speaking at the Southern Hills Business Association meeting at 11:30 AM, Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
- A number of schools have moved beyond the D and F rankings and with double digit improvements. Keep in mind, the State has changed the letter rankings, "moving the goal posts."
- The balance of the funds involved in the fishing scheme are being pursued.
- While the millage was reduced, we have seen costs increase. When I was on the Board in the '80s, school buses cost $30-35000 dollars each. Today, the cost is $100,000. The same can be said for HVAC systems. The lower student count does not directly relate to lower costs.
Caddo Parish School Board Representative, District 11